This opportunity is open to students enrolled on Social Media Production (TECH2002 ), Television Production (TECH2008), Advanced Television Production (TECH3008), Social Media Practice (TECH3022) or Technology project (TECH3010) modules. The maximum number of places for this event is 100.
Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
Students from the Leicester Media School are invited to participate in the third international #SDGfilmfest hosted online by the London School of Public relations, Jakarta.
This exciting opportunity will include a filmmaking workshop, a conference on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the media, and a screening of selected works followed by an awards ceremony.
Students are not expected to deliver a paper at the conference, though postgraduate students working in this field are encouraged to submit a paper as well as attending as delegates.
It is anticipated that papers will be presented by academics from a range of institutions across South East Asia and the UK. Students from institutions in the UK, Cambodia, Indonesia and Malaysia are expected to submit relevant documentary films, shorts, and PR campaigns that examine the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals by 10th of December. This work will be exhibited online and entered into the film festival to compete for cash prizes.
This event will focus on the principals of digital marketing across various cultures; starting a Digital Marketing focused career; sector differences between the East & West; and the impact of COVID-19.
- SDG Conference Thursday 17 December 2020 (4 hours) – sign up here
- #SDGFilmfest Friday 18 December 2020 (3-4 hours) – sign up here
- Understand the geopolitical context in which “media” artefacts are framed.
- Explore and exchange ideas with students from other cultures.
- Develop a voice and identity as Global citizens on critical sustainability issues.
- Opportunity-specific enquiries – Ben Harbisher – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to join this event you will need to sign up via links provided in the ‘Agenda’ section above. Tickets will go live on Wednesday 18 November.