Managing Across Cultures Webinar
This opportunity is open to all DMU students. The maximum number of places for this event is 15. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
In cooperation with our partner, Pagoda Projects, DMU Global will be offering twenty online events throughout the 2020-2021 academic year. All events are employability focused and aim to give students an insight into topics related to the international working world.
When working internationally you are frequently challenged by cultural differences inside and outside of the workplace, whether it is communication, management styles, decision-making processes etc. Being oblivious or unaware to cultural differences can make doing business more difficult or even impossible.
- Introduction to the event
- The different elements of managing across cultures
- Break out rooms: high context or low context?
- A focus on communication
- Learn about the ways culture differs in the work environment focusing on 8 key areas and work in teams to analyse and apply this knowledge based on previous experiences and relationships
- Analyse cultural case studies, how they have been approached or how they could be better approached
If you would like to join this event, click the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. You will receive a formal invitation to register for the event to your DMU e-mail account shortly after the deadline. Please, check your inbox as well as junk inbox regularly.