1. Search and apply
To apply for a #DMUglobal opportunity you need to complete our online application form. Click the ‘Apply Now’ button or link (these are unique to each opportunity) in the opportunity advert that you would like to apply for. Our application form is simple and straightforward, you will need to complete the following:
- Your details
- Passport information
- Two essay questions:
a. What are your reasons for selecting this opportunity?
b. What skills or knowledge do you hope to develop as a result of participating in this opportunity?
Tips for writing a good application:
- Prepare your answers for the two motivation statements in advance of making the application
- Use the 300 word limit for each question to fully explain and showcase your interest in the opportunity
- Clearly demonstrate your motivations with particular reference to academic, professional or personal development
- Make specific reference to the opportunity you are applying for, your interest in the country, culture and planned activities
- Selection decisions will be based on the quality of these motivation statements
Important: your application will time out after 60 minutes and will not be saved.
2. Receive your offer and accept your place
You will receive the outcome of your application by email within 14 days of the opportunity deadline closing. If you are offered a place, you will need to complete the following steps to formally accept your place:
- Submit some additional details to help us better meet your needs and accept the student agreement, the terms and conditions of your experience.
- Update your bank details via the My Bank Account tile on MyDMU to receive the #DMUglobal bursary (only if you are responsible for booking travel). We aim to pay your bursary into the specified account at least two months before your departure date.
If bookings are being made by your Faculty, the bursary will be deducted from the total cost of the booking. You will be asked to make a payment for the remainder of the cost to your faculty through the DMU online store. This will be communicated to you by your trip lead at a later date.
Important: if you don’t formally accept your place within 14 days of receiving your offer email then the offer may be withdrawn and you could lose your place.
3. Next steps… Attend your information session, make your travel plans and go overseas!
After you have formally accepted your place, you will be invited to attend a #DMUglobal briefing session, which will provide more information about your trip, including what steps you need take next. After this you will need to make your travel plans, and when the time arrives, go overseas for your experience!
What happens if I change my mind?
You will have up to 14 days from submitting your additional details to withdraw from the #DMUglobal opportunity. If you no longer wish to participate in the opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: if you withdraw from a #DMUglobal opportunity after 14 days of submitting your additional details you will be liable for costs incurred to the university, including full repayment of the #DMUglobal Bursary.