Who can apply?
#DMUglobal is committed to ensuring that all students can access suitable experiences. It’s not just about travelling abroad – we offer international experiences here on campus as well.
#DMUglobal overseas opportunities and funding is for:
- Fee paying students with an enrolled status and currently studying on DMU Higher Education Programmes (UG + PG)
- Exchange students (eligible for academic-led opportunities which form a part of a module but are NOT eligible for the bursary)
The following students are not eligible for overseas opportunities: sandwich year placements, study abroad, foundation programmes, partner institutions and DMUIC.
#DMUglobal on-campus opportunities are open to all students enrolled at DMU including:
- DMU Higher Education Programmes (UG + PG)
- Sandwich Year Placements
- Erasmus+ and International Exchange
- Study Abroad
- Foundation programmes
- Partner institutions
- Distance learning
- LIPC students
Students with the following statuses are not eligible to participate on any #DMUglobal opportunities (including overseas and on-campus): Debtor, Interrupted, and Completed.
Can students qualify for more than one #DMUglobal bursary?
All full-time* DMU students that meet the eligibility criteria for a bursary are able to receive the following #DMUglobal bursaries for opportunities in a single academic year (from 1st September to 31st August the following year):
- Academic-led trip – 1 bursary to value of either £150 (Europe) or £400 (International)
- Extra-curricular opportunity – 1 bursary to value of either £150 (Europe) or £400 (International). These include: volunteering (including Square Mile trips); DSU trips; employability trips; internships; summer schools.
*Part-time and Distance Learning students are eligible to receive only one bursary in a single academic year.