PhD students are eligible to apply for this funding, with 10 places being available. DMU students are only eligible to receive funding for the DMU Global PhD Research Fellowship once.
Collaboration with overseas partner universities, charities and NGOs is essential for high-quality research. For this reason, DMU Global is able to offer financial support for PhD students to collaborate with an overseas institution to enhance their PhD research.
This support will help you engage and exchange knowledge with academics and experts in your research field, enhancing your research and developing new relationships for future collaboration. International visits will normally take place during your second or third year of research.
Students wishing to apply for the DMU Global PhD Research Fellowship can do so from Monday 4 May 2020 by completing the online proposal form, attaching the completed Budget Form, a supporting statement from your supervisor and an invitation letter from the proposed host institution.
The deadline for proposal submissions is Monday 21 September 2020 9am and the outcomes following the review panel meeting will be communicated by Monday 19 October 2020. For further information about the processes and key dates refer to our Student Guidance document.
The key criteria that successful participants must meet, include:
- The focus of the collaboration relates directly to your research and is approved by your supervisor
- The collaboration takes place between Friday 1 January 2021 (latest possible start date being Monday 23 November 2021) and Monday 21 December 2021
- The collaboration must be a minimum of 4 weeks and not exceed 24 weeks in duration
- Completion of all DMU Global mandatory documentation and attending briefing sessions
- Practical planning and risk assessments are completed independently by the participant
For application and process-related enquiries, students are recommended to contact the DMU Global Office (email@example.com) For academic matters, students should speak with their PhD supervisor in the first instance.
In order to participate in this opportunity, students are responsible for ensuring that they meet the immigration requirements of the country they are visiting.
The DMU Global team can provide visa support letters as required, and proof of enrolment can be obtained from the Student Gateway. Once you have been formally accepted it is recommended that you begin the process for arranging the visa for your chosen country (if applicable). You are responsible for checking processing times and meeting all application requirements in order to ensure that you receive your visa prior to departure. Be aware that immigration decisions are made by individual embassies.
- Departure date: From Friday 1 January 2021
- Return date: By Monday 21 December 2021
- DMU Global bursary: Up to £2500
- Deadline for application: Monday 21 September 2020 9am