Final year Accounting and Finance students enrolled on ACFI3310, Advanced Corporate Finance are eligible to participate in this opportunity. The maximum number of places on this opportunity is 35 and the minimum the trip will go ahead with is 10. DMU staff will be accompanying the group.
DMU students are only eligible to receive 1 academic-led trip bursary per year. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
Students will visit the Planet Hollywood Corporate Headquarters in Orlando, Florida, where they will see how their theoretical knowledge on corporate finance is translated into the real world, in a multi-national environment. It is hoped, but not yet confirmed, that students will also visit the University of Central Florida and meet with accounting and finance students to discuss the similarities and differences between UK and US universities. This may be replaced by a further corporate visit.
Students will have the option to visit a variety of theme parks, as well as water parks and the Kennedy space centre. These visits are not included within the estimated costs.
Travel and accommodation
- Travel – Students are required to independently book their travel.
- Accommodation – The faculty will book accommodation for this opportunity, and students will be expected to pay the full amount following confirmation of their place.
- Trip-specific enquiries – Linda Hickson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- General enquiries – #DMUglobal Office – email@example.com
In order to participate in this trip, you are responsible for ensuring that you meet the US immigration requirements.
All students will require an ESTA or some kind of visa to travel to the USA. Further information will be provided to all accepted students regarding the type of visa required and how to apply. If you have any specific questions about this please email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. Please note that you are responsible for checking processing times and meeting all application requirements in order to ensure that you receive your visa prior to departure. Please be aware that immigration decisions are made by individual embassies.
- Departure date: Saturday 23 February 2019
- Return date: Saturday 2 March 2019
- Estimated cost of travel, accommodation and transfers: £850
- Students will also be required to pay for: Transfers, optional cultural activities, food & drink, and visa/ESTA
- #DMUglobal bursary: £400
- Deadline for application: Monday 29 October 2018 9am