Who can apply?
#DMUglobal is committed to ensuring that all students can access suitable experiences. It’s not just about travelling abroad – we offer international experiences here on campus and across the UK.
#DMUglobal overseas opportunities and funding is only for the following students:
- DMU Higher Education Programmes (UG + PG)*
- Exchange students (eligible for academic-led opportunities which form a part of a module but are NOT eligible for the bursary)
*The following students are not eligible for overseas opportunities: study abroad, foundation programmes, partner institutions, distance learning and LIPC
On-Campus and UK Opportunities
#DMUglobal on-campus and UK based opportunities are open to all students enrolled at DMU including:
- DMU Higher Education Programmes (UG + PG)
- Erasmus+ and International Exchange
- Study Abroad
- Foundation programmes
- Partner institutions
- Distance learning
- LIPC students
Can students qualify for more than one #DMUglobal bursary?
All DMU students that meet the eligibility criteria for a bursary are able to receive the following #DMUglobal bursaries in a single academic year (from 1st September to 31st August the following year):
- Academic-led trip – 1 bursary to value of either £150 (Europe) or £400 (International)
- Extra-curricular opportunity – 1 bursary to value of either £150 (Europe) or £400 (International). These include: #DMUglobal New York*, student-led trips; volunteering (including Square Mile trips); internships; summer schools.
Students are only eligible to claim the bursary for the first opportunity that they participate on.
*Special bursaries may also be given for designated opportunities