All DMU students are eligible to apply for this opportunity which is open to all faculties.
DMU students are only eligible to receive one extra-curricular trip bursary per year. Please check our eligibility criteria for further details.
#DMUglobal, in cooperation with InternChina, is offering students the opportunity to do a 1-3 month internship in China in summer 2019. The internships on offer cover a wide range of industries, where you gain practical work experience in your chosen sector and get to experience one of four unique and beautiful Chinese cities, in one of the most interesting and dynamic countries in the world.
The package includes:
- An internship in your chosen field
- Transparent application process – find out more here.
- Accommodation in a homestay or a room in a shared apartment with other interns
- Homestay includes breakfast & evening meal
- Apartment includes all utility bills, maintenance, TV and wireless internet
- A visa support letter and guidance for the visa application process
- Full support from the InternChina team before, during and after your stay
- A comprehensive travel insurance to cover you for the whole duration of your stay
- Registration with local police station (a legal requirement in China)
- An InternChina welcome package including a map, guide, SIM-card and T-shirt
- An orientation meeting on the first day
- A personal introduction to your host company
- 24/7 emergency contact person in China
- The option to join regular trips and events
The company you intern with depends on which degree you are studying, InternChina will ensure that you’re placed in a company closely aligned to your chosen career. The internship immerses you in new experiences, giving you the opportunity to learn a language and try a different way of life in China.
If you’re looking for an adventure that will lift you out of your comfort zone and introduce you to a completely different culture, then look no further. You will also have the chance to develop a variety of skills and competencies rated highly by UK employers including: a global mind-set, global knowledge, cultural agility, communication skills, teamwork, learning agility and resilience as well as flexibility, drive and self-awareness and even a new language!
How to apply
You need to take the following steps to apply for your internship with InternChina:
- Visit the InternChina website and complete the application form
- The InternChina team will discuss your options and provide you with guidance throughout the application process.
- You will have full support from the InternChina team to help you secure your international placement offer.
- Once you have secured a placement through InternChina, contact #DMUglobal and send your confirmation of your internship to us.
- We will send you the link to the #DMUglobal application form. You will need to complete this form to qualify for the £400 bursary.
Travel and accommodation
Accommodation for this opportunity will be arranged through InternChina and flights will be booked independently by students.
- General enquiries – #DMUglobal Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
British nationals need a visa to enter mainland China. Students of other nationalities should check the Chinese Embassy website, or contact InternChina directly for advice.
You must ensure that you apply for your visa as soon as you have been formally accepted to this opportunity by #DMUglobal. You are responsible for checking processing times and meeting all application requirements in order to ensure that you receive your visa prior to departure. Be aware that immigration decisions are made by individual embassies.
- Departure date: Summer 2019
- Return date: Summer 2019
- Estimated cost of 2 month internship: £2100 programme fee, £500 flights and £175 visa
- Students will also be required to pay for: UK and in-country transfers, food and drink
- #DMUglobal Bursary: £400
- Deadline for application: Monday 3 June 2019 (InternChina will need at least 8 weeks prior to your intended start date for everything to be arranged)