First year PhD students are eligible to apply for this opportunity. The maximum number of funded places available is 20. DMU students are only eligible to receive funding for the International PhD Research Collaboration once.
Collaboration with overseas partner universities, charities and NGOs is essential for high-quality research. For this reason, #DMUglobal is able to offer financial support for PhD students to collaborate with an overseas institution to enhance their PhD research.
This support will help you engage and exchange knowledge with academics and experts in your research field, enhancing your research and developing new relationships for future collaboration. International visits will take place during your second year of research.
How to propose
To make an application you need to follow these steps:
- After completion of your First Project Review you should begin planning your proposal for the launch date (Monday 2 July 2018) of the online proposal form.
- Complete the online proposal form. Please note, you will need to download and complete the Budget Form and provide other supporting documents such as, a supporting statement from your supervisor and an invitation letter from the proposed host instituiton. You will be instructed to upload these as part of the online proposal.
- The deadline to submit proposals is Monday 27 August 2018 9am.
- The review panel will make a decision about your proposal by Monday 1 October 2018.
Successful participants must meet the following criteria:
- The focus of the collaboration relates directly to your research and is approved by your supervisor
- The collaboration takes place between Tuesday 1 January 2019 (latest possible start date being Monday 25 November 2019) and Monday 30 December 2019
- The collaboration must be a minimum of 4 weeks and not exceed 24 weeks in duration
- All participants complete #DMUglobal mandatory documentation and attend briefing sessions.
- Practical planning and risk assessments are completed independently by the participant
For further information and guidance please see our Student Guidance document.
Travel and Accommodation:
Travel and accommodation for this opportunity will be organised and booked independently by the student.
- Application and process-related enquiries – #DMUglobal Office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic enquiries – Please contact your PhD supervisor
In order to participate in this trip, you are responsible for ensuring that you meet the immigration requirements of the country you are visiting.
The #DMUglobal team can provide visa support letters as required, and proof of enrollment can be obtained from the Student Gateway. You must ensure that you apply for your chosen countries visa as soon as you have been formally accepted to this opportunity by #DMUglobal. You are responsible for checking processing times and meeting all application requirements in order to ensure that you receive your visa prior to departure. Be aware that immigration decisions are made by individual embassies.
How to apply
To submit an International PhD Research Collaboration application for 2019 please click here (CLOSED).
- Departure date: Between Tuesday 1 January 2019 and Monday 25 November 2019
- Return date: Before Monday 30 December 2019
- #DMUglobal bursary: Up to £2500
- Deadline for application: Monday 27 August 2018 9am