The #DMUglobal Trip Fund is available to De Montfort Student Union (DSU) societies and clubs to support trips linked to their field of interest and expertise that will enhance the global awareness and develop the skills of their members.
Students will receive a £150 bursary for European destinations, or £400 for international destinations, as well as the opportunity to gain valuable international and intercultural awareness. We recognise this is important to our students who will graduate into a global employment market.
As part of our partnership with DSU you will receive a HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report) award and general support planning and delivering the trip.
The process for applying for funding for your society or club is as follows:
- Please complete the online trip proposal form for your opportunity, as well as the budget and itinerary form. Please note, you will need to download and complete the budget and itinerary form first, and you will be instructed to upload these as part of the online application
- The deadline for your complete proposal is Monday 19 November 2018 9am
- We will make a decision about your application by Monday 3rd December 2018
Your trip MUST meet all of the following criteria:
- The focus of the trip relates directly to your club or society
- The trip must have a minimum of 10 participants
- There are identifiable benefits for the participants in terms of skill development (you should use the #DMUglobal learning outcomes as a guide)
- The trip itinerary includes activities that will enhance cultural understanding and awareness of the destination country
- The trip takes place between Saturday 6 April 2019 and Sunday 28 April 2019 or between Saturday 1 June 2019 and Saturday 31 August 2019
- The minimum number of participants is five
- All trip participants complete #DMUglobal mandatory documentation and attend a pre-departure session, date for which will be confirmed after a successful application
- All practical planning and risk assessments will be organised by the club or its members in cooperation with DSU
- The opportunity must be accessible to all students in the society or club
- Departure date: Saturday 6 April 2019 and Sunday 28 April 2019 or between Saturday 1 June 2019 and Saturday 31 August 2019
- Deadline for application: Monday 19 November 2018 9am
- Further information: The application review process will be based on the above criteria. All decisions by the review panel are final.