PhD students are eligible to apply for this funding, with 10 places being available. DMU students are only eligible to receive funding for the DMU Global PhD Research Fellowship once.
Collaboration with overseas partner universities, charities and NGOs is essential for high-quality research. For this reason, #DMUglobal is able to offer financial support for PhD students to collaborate with an overseas institution to enhance their PhD research.
This support will help you engage and exchange knowledge with academics and experts in your research field, enhancing your research and developing new relationships for future collaboration. International visits will normally take place during your second or third year of research.
Students wising to apply for the #DMUglobal PhD Research Fellowship can do so from Monday 6 May 2019 by completing the online proposal form, attaching the completed Budget Form, a supporting statement from your supervisor and an invitation letter from the proposed host institution.
The deadline for proposal submissions is Monday 26 August 2019 9am (Summer call) and the outcomes following the review panel meeting will be communicated by Monday 30 September 2019 and Monday 24 February 2020. For further information about the processes and key dates refer to our Student Guidance document.
The key criteria that successful participants must meet, include:
- The focus of the collaboration relates directly to your research and is approved by your supervisor
- The collaboration takes place between Wednesday 1 January 2020 (latest possible start date being Monday 23 November 2020) and Thursday 31 December 2020
- The collaboration must be a minimum of 4 weeks and not exceed 24 weeks in duration
- Completion of all #DMUglobal mandatory documentation and attending briefing sessions
- Practical planning and risk assessments are completed independently by the participant
For application and process-related enquiries, students are recommended to contact the #DMUglobal Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) For academic matters, students should speak with their PhD supervisor in the first instance.
In order to participate in this opportunity, students are responsible for ensuring that they meet the immigration requirements of the country they are visiting.
The #DMUglobal team can provide visa support letters as required, and proof of enrolment can be obtained from the Student Gateway. Once you have been formally accepted it is recommended that you begin the process for arranging the visa for your chosen country (if applicable). You are responsible for checking processing times and meeting all application requirements in order to ensure that you receive your visa prior to departure. Be aware that immigration decisions are made by individual embassies.
- Departure date: From Wednesday 1 January 2020
- Return date: Before Thursday 31 December 2020
- #DMUglobal bursary: Up to £2500
- Deadline for application: Monday 26 August 2019 9am (CLOSED)